Sweet Geometric Hoop Wreaths for Nursery

My cousin Cassandra and her husband Tyler are getting ready to welcome their long awaited "Rainbow Baby"! Mommy and Daddy are putting final touches on the Nursery and so graciously asked me to make a few special decorations! Normally, when I create decor for people I don't sweat the process. I just whip out the glue gun and start chipping away at the project, this was different. I was nervous. I knew how much the two of them have prayed and pleaded for a healthy baby. I felt that and for me the decor had so much more expectation riding on it.                    Cassandra had sent me a few pictures of hoops that she liked. Typically, I shop for my supplies in person. That way I can touch them and see what the actual color is. I didn't have that luxury this time because all shops are closed due to COVID-19. That meant that I needed to shop for supplies online and hope that they would work when they got here! Because these pieces were  meant for a nursery, I knew that I had to use much more delicate and soft looking materials. I chose stems with more texture, and muted colors.  First, I chose the materials that I thought I may want to use, and I mocked up a layout on top of the metal hoops. When I got something I liked, I began gluing the flowers on. The original layout is never what I finish with, but it gives me a bit of direction.    
I am pretty happy with the final products and know that Cassandra greatly appreciates all of the time and effort I out into making these for baby Harlow's Nursery! I can't wait to see how she styles these in the baby's room! 


- Christine 

Comments

Popular Posts